Louisville, KY 40241
Salary: $10.00 /hour
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish-washing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility. Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Essential Duties and Task List
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine and change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area, and clean and roll/unroll floor mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors and sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed and ensure kitchen floors remain dry
- Must notify Manager anytime dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
- Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
- Must be able to read chemical labels and demonstrate knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be 18 years of age (18 to operate machinery or cutting equipment including kitchen knives.
Skill(s): Moderate mathematical, reading and writing skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 100 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Experience: Prior experience in related food service positions is not required.